Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Pembroke Dock: Protesters voice concerns about alleged child sex offender

Published

on

AROUND 30 protesters gathered outside a property on Water Street in Pembroke Dock this afternoon (Oct 9) to express their concern that they thought an alleged child sex offender was living in premises

However, police at the scene told the gathered crowd that the person they were there to protest about was not at the property and would not be returning for the foreseeable future

The police said that efforts had been made to relocate the individual after the demonstration had been advertised on social media.

The Herald understands the demonstration follows an arrest at Pembroke Dock railway station last week, where a man in his 40s was arrested by officers following a sting by child protestor vigilante group Silent Justice.

The controversial organisation, which removed a post from its Facebook page following the suicide of an alleged offender in Ireland in August this year, confronted the Pembroke Dock man and accused him of engaging in a conversation with a 13-year-old girl for a sexual encounter.

In a Facebook Live video watched over 30,000 people, the male was confronted and told that he had actually been talking to a ‘decoy’ who was working for Silent Justice.

Feelings are already running high in the Pembroke Dock area following a major protest earlier this year in Monkton after a convicted sex offender was found in the community.

Speaking last week, a spokesperson for Dyfed-Powys Police told the Herald: “Dyfed Powys Police can confirm that a 43-year-old man has been arrested in Pembrokeshire on suspicion of grooming related offences and is currently in police custody. No charges have been brought at the current time, though officers are investigating the incident fully.

Chief Inspector Steve Davies said: “We recognise the strength of feeling which exists but would like to reassure the public that as your local police we are working hard in carrying out our duty to ensure all members of the community are safe.

“We are fully investigating the matter but ask that people do not take matters into their own hands or get involved in any unlawful activity which could hamper police enquiries. Where any criminal offences are committed, we will take appropriate action.”

By 3:30pm today all the protesters had left the scene.

News

Haverfordwest: Police appeal for missing man

Published

on

Police are making enquiries as to the whereabouts of 63-year-old Terence Francis who was reported missing from his home in Haverfordwest on Tuesday (Oct 17).

Mr Francis may be in his vehicle, described as a silver Landrover Discovery with a black roof.

Mr Francis is described as being 5ft 10 inches tall with brown eyes. He may be wearing navy blue cords and a salmon coloured sweatshirt.

Information received suggests he may be in the Cumbria area.

Anyone who has information as to his whereabouts is asked to contact Haverfordwest Police on 101.

If you are Deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired text the non-emergency number: 07811 311 908.

Continue Reading

News

Milford Haven: Woman robbed in late night attack

Published

on

A WOMAN was assaulted and had her belongings stolen in Milford Haven on Tuesday night (Oct 16).

At approximately 10pm, a woman was walking along a lane leading to Brook Avenue in Milford Haven when she was hit from behind.

She was taken to hospital for treatment and has since been released.

A necklace and a quantity of cash were stolen in the incident.

Anyone who was in the area at the time, or anyone who has information which could help the investigation is asked to contact Milford Haven Police on 101.

If you are Deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired text the non-emergency number: 07811 311 908.

Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111, or visiting crimestoppers-uk.org.

Continue Reading

News

Multi-agency road operation sees positive results

Published

on

PEMBROKESHIRE ROADS POLICING UNIT carried out a proactive multi agency operation on the A4076 carriageway between Haverfordwest and Johnston last week.

Officers from the Roads Policing Unit worked with partner agencies with the aim of reassuring the people of Dyfed-Powys that officers are out there making sure the roads are safe for all to use.

The following results were achieved:

  • 1 x arrest of wanted person;
  • 6 x driver warnings issued in relation to Construction and Use offences;
  • 1 x TOR relating to a Construction and Use offence;
  • 5 x delayed prohibition notices issued and;
  • 6 x immediate prohibition notices issued.

“This was a very successful operation carried out with our partner agencies,” said Sergeant Justin Williams.

“Operations of this kind are regularly carried out by Dyfed Powys Police and we will continue to carry them out to make sure that criminals are not allowed unchallenged use of our roads, making the roads safer for all.”

Continue Reading
News7 hours ago

Milford Haven: Woman robbed in late night attack

A WOMAN was assaulted and had her belongings stolen in Milford Haven on Tuesday night (Oct 16). At approximately 10pm,...

News8 hours ago

Drug warrants across county prove successful

DRUG warrants were executed in Pembrokeshire on Dyfed-Powys Police’s day of action last week. Throughout the day, a number of...

News2 days ago

Haverfordwest: Freemens Way re-opened following incident

THERE was heavy congestion heading into Haverfordwest this morning (Oct 17) as Freemens Way in Haverfordwest was closed. It was...

News2 days ago

Pembrokeshire recovers from Storm Ophelia

WEATHER across Pembrokeshire is set to be mild today (Oct 17) as the county assesses and cleans up the damage...

News2 days ago

Live weather updates across Pembrokeshire

WINDS of up to 80mph are expected to batter Pembrokeshire and cause ‘significant impact’ as Storm Ophelia hits later today...

News2 days ago

£19m drug gang told jail sentences were ‘not excessive’

THREE members of a 19-strong gang which ran cocaine between north west England and Wales have been told they cannot...

News5 days ago

Mother and son deny murder

A mother and son from Fishguard and Cardigan appeared at Swansea Crown Court this afternoon (Oct 13) to deny murdering...

News5 days ago

Inquest hears about ‘lack of consistency’ in teenager’s care

AN INQUEST into the death of 14-year-old Derek Brundrett has heard there was a ‘lack of consistency’ in his care....

News6 days ago

Narberth: Vans damaged and road closed after digger falls from trailer

THERE is heavy congestion in Narberth this morning (Oct 12) after a large digger has fallen off a trailer and...

News1 week ago

Pembroke Dock: Man jailed for disorderly behaviour following closure of street

A 19-YEAR-OLD who caused the closure of Meyrick Street in Pembroke Dock for several hours yesterday (Oct 10) has been...

Popular This Week