Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Villager ‘irate and furious’ over Tory election signs [VIDEO]

Published

on


THIS VIDEO shows the moment a Tory MP’s campaigner appears to attack a furious local with his van door before driving at him – in a furious row over election posters.

John Kilcoyne, 59, infuriated villager Adam Morres, 36, after he put up signs promoting MP Simon Hart in a field near the local’s home in Manorbier.

He tore them down and billed the local Tory party for rent and damages – but then caught Mr Kilcoyne putting them back up a day later.

But police were called after tempers boiled over when guest house owner Mr Kilcoyne insisted he had permission to put them up.

A video appears to show Mr Kilcoyne – one of Mr Hart’s closest allies – pulling his car door into Adam and repeatedly driving his van at him.

Police arrived moments later and are now investigating the stand off over the signs which have allegedly been torn down and reinstalled three times.

Meanwhile, Simon Hart’s persistent campaigners have put the signs back up.

But Adam claims police warned him not to touch them in case the MP accuses him of criminal damage.

John Kilcoyne, 59: Caught up in the sign row

Adam, whose ex-partner, 37, rents the field from a private landlord, said: “I’m absolutely disgusted. I was angry and irate and furious, but now I am just sickened.

“It was just his attitude towards me. The smug way he talked to my friend telling her ‘no I can’t take them down’ – it was horrible.

“And the fact he is working on behalf of an MP, I don’t think that says very much about the calibre of them.

“It’s an appalling reflection on the Tory party. To be honest I would have voted Tory simply as I don’t like the Labour Party.

“But after this I would now campaign quite happily for anyone standing against the Tory Party.

“Normally, I would choose who to vote for based on their policies, but in this instance I will be choosing based on the party I think has employees who aren’t going to attack me.”

The furore began on Sunday, May 7, when Adam was out for a walk with his ex-partner in fields she rents for her horses.

They spotted two blue signs supporting incumbent MP Simon Hart nailed to a fence post inside the field.

Adam claims he phoned the Electoral Commission who he said told him they could be removed, so he took them down the next day.

He sarcastically invoiced Camarthen West and South Pembrokeshire Conservatives £50 for rent and damages.

“The damages are in case out neighbours thought the signs meant we were Conservative voters,” he added.

Signs: Erected in a field in Manorbier

He claims John Kilcoyne – named as the seconder on Mr Hart’s 2015 election nomination document came to both his home and his partner’s house, on the Tuesday (9).

He said he claimed he had permission of the land owner to put the signs up, and left.

Moments later Adam spotted him back next to his ex’s field getting new ‘Simon Hart’ signs out his van and the pair clashed.

Video appears to show the pair arguing before the volunteer sharply pulls his van door into Adam’s arm before seemingly mockingly saying: “Watch out, watch out.”

Adam phoned the police and when he stood in front of the van to record the licence plate, claims Mr Kilcoyne repeatedly drove at him,

Another video – taken moments before police arrived – appears to show the car inching towards him as he moves away across the road before driving off.

Astonishingly Adam woke up the next day to find the signs had been reinstated.

“The police have told us not to touch them in case they get damaged and Simon Hart claims criminal damage,” said Adam.

“Now we’re stuck with them up there. It’s like rubbing lemon juice into a paper cut.”

Dyfed-Powys Police said: “The force received a report of an assault without injury at approximately 9.40am on Tuesday, May 9.

“The incident took place at Wheelers Way, Manorbier. The investigation is on-going.”

The Welsh Conservative Party and Simon Hart refused to comment.

Mr Kilcoyne, from Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire, said: “Have you spoken to Mr Hart?

“I’m in the same position as Mr Hart. There is a police officer dealing with it. I have nothing at all to add.”

Continue Reading

News

Tenby: Pizza chain submits appeal after application denied

Published

on

DOMINO’S PIZZA has submitted an appeal after their application to open a restaurant in Tenby was declined.

The chain wanted to open a restaurant and takeaway on the South Parade.

However, these plans were declined after concerns were raised by locals within the town, as well as councillors.

It was felt that the location was too close to the war memorial, and locals also worried about littering and illuminated signage.

Now it has been confirmed that the chain has submitted an appeal against the refusal of change of use from a retail outlet (class A1) to a takeaway (class A3).

The appeal hearing will take place in December, at a time and location which is yet to be decided.

Continue Reading

News

Tenby: Shoppers queue early for opening of new store

Published

on

A LARGE queue of people eagerly awaited the opening of a brand new designer shop in Tenby this morning (Sept 22).

Shoppers were up bright and early to queue for the opening of Joules, a designer store which sells clothes, footwear, accessories and more.

The shop opened at 9:30am at its Tudor Square premises.

The first customer was awarded a £200 voucher, the following ten won £100 vouchers, and the ten after that were each awarded £50 vouchers.

The store is also offering 15% off to all customers today.

A Joules spokesperson said: “We’re thrilled to be opening a new Joules story in Tenby. We are really looking forward to bringing our unique personality and style to shoppers over the coming months.”

Continue Reading

News

Monkton: £30,000 benefits fraudster avoids jail sentence

Published

on

A MONKTON woman pretended her marriage ‘to a traveller man’ had lasted only four weeks and went on to swindle almost £30,000 in benefits.

Emma Blackmore was in fact living with husband Wayne in Tenby Court and they even had a child together.

But Blackmore, aged 37, maintained for four years that she was a single woman living alone.

Blackmore, now of Queen Street, Pembroke Dock, admitted six offences of fraud by failing to notify a change in her circumstances.

She was jailed for 12 months, suspended for 18 months, and ordered to complete 20 days of a rehabilitation activity.

Nuhu Gobir, prosecuting, told Swansea Crown Court that Blackmore had made genuine claims for income support and other benefits in early 2012 in her maiden name of Emma Hughes, stating she was single, lived alone and could not work due to ill health.

On June 16, 2012, she married Wayne Blackmore but described him to the Department of Work and Pensions as a ‘traveller man’ and said the marriage was already over.

Blackmore continued to make claims and over a four year period she received £29,569 in benefits she had not been entitled to.

Mr Gobir said an investigation revealed that Wayne Blackmore had made it clear on his Facebook page that he was in a relationship and that the couple had become parents.

And further checks showed that his wages were going into his wife’s bank account and that as far as his employers were concerned he lived at the same address as his wife.

The judge, Mr Recorder Greg Bull, said he noted that Blackmore had maintained that ‘times were hard and money had been a struggle.’

But that was true for many people in Wales, he said.

Blackmore, he added, had defrauded the public purse at a cost to other members of the community but sending her to jail immediately would not achieve anything.

And neither was she in a position to repay any of the money.

Continue Reading
News1 day ago

Tenby: Pizza chain submits appeal after application denied

DOMINO’S PIZZA has submitted an appeal after their application to open a restaurant in Tenby was declined. The chain wanted...

News2 days ago

Monkton: £30,000 benefits fraudster avoids jail sentence

A MONKTON woman pretended her marriage ‘to a traveller man’ had lasted only four weeks and went on to swindle...

News3 days ago

Woman freed from car following crash with lorry

A WOMAN was freed from her car following a crash with a lorry in the early hours of this morning...

News5 days ago

Sandy Haven: Body found in search for missing kayaker [UPDATED]

THE BODY of a missing kayaker has been found after an extensive rescue operation took place last night (Sept 19)....

News5 days ago

Wheelchair bound man assaulted female four times

A WHEELCHAIR bound Pembroke man assaulted a woman four times, a judge heard today (Sept 19). Lewis Laville, aged 23,...

News6 days ago

Haverfordwest: Job cuts at First Milk Creamery announced

IT has been announced that ‘around’ 10 jobs are being cut at First Milk’s Haverfordwest Creamery. The announcement this morning...

News6 days ago

Incidents of children self-harming in schools increases sixfold

NEW figures show that self-harming amongst young people in Pembrokeshire schools has increased sixfold, with the youngest child being just...

News1 week ago

Pembroke: Appeal for witnesses after business hit by car

AN APPEAL for witnesses has been launched after a car smashed the front window of FBM estate agents in Main...

News1 week ago

Pembroke: Casualty airlifted from castle in dramatic rescue

A COASTGUARD helicopter has airlifted a male casualty from Pembroke Castle this afternoon (Sept 16) following a large emergency service...

News1 week ago

Increased police patrols locally following London tube bomb

DYFED-POWYS POLICE have said that they are stepping up security in line with other police forces following events in London....

Popular This Week